Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Little Something

                                           SOLD
I really like to paint figurative, but I have a hard time creating strong compositions. I'm trying to use what I've learned from setting up still life compositions to apply to other subject matter. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. With this one, I think it worked. I tried to group my values and I also tried to mix nice neutrals. I also wanted to keep the painting as abstract as possible while maintaining the narrative.

4 comments:

  1. You definitely succeeded in your goals! It's very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It's a great composition. Nicely painted and it tells a little story. I can almost hear that man talking to that woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful painting Layne, it works on so many levels!

    ReplyDelete