Saturday, July 2, 2011

House On the Hill


This is one of the Spain/Portugal series I've been working on. It's 24"x30". Thus far, I've done 3 landscapes and 2 figurative. My goal is to have 12-15 paintings including landscapes, figurative and city scenes- rooftops, street scenes, etc. Oh yes, and one with cows in the street. I have an idea that it could be interesting to display them along with the photographs that inspired the images and perhaps a little narrative about them. At this time, I don't have a venue for the exhibit, but I have some ideas for that as well. Right now, it's just fun re-living the trip through these paintings.

4 comments:

  1. This is delightful, Layne! I love the sky and clouds, and the trees silhouetted against the sky. Also like the dark form of the tree shadows. The rows of the crop look so neatly tended..wonderful scene.

    I have a suggestion. You said this is one of a series. Maybe you could put Spain or Portugal in the labels. Then if someone wanted to see the series, they could click on the label, and the paintings would display together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! Love your painting and I also love the idea of your series. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see more in your series. Such a great idea! I travel, too, takes lots of photos to paint from and do sort of hit and miss. A series is just the thing. Your first one is really nice. I love the mood it portrays through your use of color. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete