Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tempting Fate

                                  5x7 Bid on this painting
The DPW Challenge this week invites us to paint something inspired by superstition. I painted 2 pieces- this one from the photo provided and another of my own creation. Tomorrow I will post the other one. This one is about the folly of opening one's umbrella indoors. The cat came out looking somewhat like a raccoon, which , in my mind, is even more unsettling than the open umbrella. The little buggers are cute, but they're mean!

3 comments:

  1. Great job, Layne! Love the reds in this. Wonderful glow under the umbrella. Isn't it funny how the cat would come sit under it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors and I love the cat. I predict this painting will be very popular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great painting, Layne. love the color. I can't leave comments with my name on them, for some unknown reason... ---sandy haynes

    ReplyDelete