Monday, June 13, 2011

Poster Boy

                                               7x5 $90
This was taken from a reference photo of a man posting a notice. Somewhere along the line I decided that he was a boy instead. I also updated my photo on yesterdays post. It's funny how you sometimes don't notice errors until you see the photograph. I realized I neglected to paint the bottom portion of the black cup on the top. Thus it sat at an improbable angle in the glass below, and the perspective looked wrong as well.

Do I still have blog readers???? Since I returned from vacation I haven't received hardly any comments. I miss getting feedback! I would love to hear what you respond to- positive and (constructively) critical.





7 comments:

  1. Bonjour ma chère Layne!! Il est vrai que nous remarquons souvent certaines de nos erreur une fois que le tableau est sur photo.
    J'aime que vous ayez peint ce petit garçon...
    Le contraste des couleurs me plaît beaucoup et l'ombre est magnifiquement bien réalisé.
    Je pense que l'été est merveilleux chez chacun de nous et nous délaissons nos ordinateurs pour des escapades... mais nous ne t'oublions pas... Moi-même personnellement, en ce moment et ce depuis le début du printemps, je suis absolument absorbée par les voyages, maintenant les exposition et aussi cette semaine par la visite surprise de mon petit-fils Nathan et de ma fille Fauve sa maman... Mais la vie est ainsi fait...
    Je vous embrasse. Et toutes mes félicitations pour cette belle peinture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still here and still LOVE your work!!! Sorry I've been lax in commenting. Will be better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Layne! Still here! This is a very nice composition, and I loved your "balanced" challenge entry. As for seeing stuff you missed after you photograph it, the same thing happens to me! Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a new subscriber to your blog, and I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still here. However, I just moved and have been off the computer much of the time. I like the splash of red in this one, surrounded by all those neutrals. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Figurative work is my favorite and this one delights me!

    ReplyDelete