Thursday, June 16, 2011

                                       In a gallery; e-mail me if interested
This 30x40 canvas was one I originally painted in 2004. It's quintessential Seattle! I always liked the composition, but it was not very well painted. I have learned a lot since2004, and so I used the original as an under painting and proceeded to paint over the whole thing. I strengthened the values and the edges on the tugboats, especially the smaller one, and kept the edges softer and the values closer together on the more distant buildings.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is amazing, Layne! The reflections are subtle and your colors are lovely, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply a fantastic painting,love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire the looseness of the painting, the impressionistic style. The colors are great. I clicked on it to see a larger view and it is very nice, indeed. Egretta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic painting! amazing atmosphere, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete