Friday, June 3, 2011

Beyond the Rooftops

                                       6x6 $90
I took lots of photos of rooftops and city views, and this is derived from a portion of one of those photos. For me, it captures the feeling of those old tile roofed buildings without getting too literal or sentimental. It will be interesting to see what happens when I try some of these on a larger format.I hope I'm not tempted to get too fussy.
I also replaced the photo below with a better one. The light wasn't good on the day I took the first photo. This is more true to the painting.




3 comments:

  1. Love the colors,the subject matter,and the brush strokes. This is a wonderful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layne, I keep coming back to this painting. I just love it...many things about it...a high point being the beautiful turquoise roof amid the orange ones. So looking forward to seeing more Spain paintings. Enjoy it!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this painting...I really like the colors you used and how it conveys the feeling of rooftops in a city.

    ReplyDelete