Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Standing Proud

                                                     7x5 $90
Here's that bottle again. It has picked itself up off the ground and stands proud and tall- well, maybe not so tall. One of the things I love about painting glass is the surprising colors that appear, like the purple at the base of the shadow. I didn't make that up.
Has anybody had trouble commenting on my blog? Kim Blair was nice enough to e-mail me that she had tried numerous times without success. I can't figure out how to make any changes in my settings. I have already checked the box saying that "anyone" can comment- is there anything more I can do?  If you have been unable to comment or if you have advice for me, please drop me an e-mail at laynecook@comcast.net. I need to find out what's going on!



5 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, Lynn! I love your colors in both bottle paintings and story behind them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot of color in that glass bottle! Love the greens and the unexpected purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. La combinaison de vos couleurs conte et fleurette.
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bottle is having the time of its life! All the colors are wonderful. Really makes us see the colors and that is what art is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colors, Layne. Glad to have you part of DPO. Looking forward to seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete