Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Simply an Orange Bowl

                                          6x6 $90

This started out as a much more complex painting. I liked the bowl, but not the setting- so I wiped out the background and painted it grey. Voile! I'm really happy with the simplicity of this painting. Now that I'm back in my studio, I've made a few changes to my recent daily paintings. I will post the more dramatic changes as "new"; the others I will quietly post in place of the existing images.



5 comments:

  1. Great...Looking forward to Layne Cook 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Layne! It reminds me of the quote "To lose the simplicity is to lose the drama" (Wyeth?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cela sent simplement bon l'été... pourquoi ? Je ne sais pas ... peut-être cette belle couleur orangée qui rappelle les abricots...
    Très belle touche.
    Bonne année et gros bisous.

    ReplyDelete