Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Blustery Day in the Hood

                                          6x6 $90
I'm enjoying these little architectural scenes. I"m starting with a visual reference and then discarding it in favor of free expression. This one looked a little muddy this morning so I popped some of the colors a bit.

I'm taking a break from housecleaning, as we're packing up to head for Seattle. There will be tenants here most of the winter, so that takes an extra layer of preparation. It's hard to leave this beautiful sunny weather, but I'm really looking forward to painting in my studio again!




10 comments:

  1. L'accord des couleurs est parfait... Bises et bonnes fêtes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all three of your architectural paintings, Layne. They are very vibrant and lively. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the architectural theme you have going. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice painting! I stopped house cleaning about a year ago....funny thing....nobody noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your achitectural paintings are really nice, Layne! I like every one of them. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beauty, Layne. Love the playful quality of the style and pallet, which are made more powerful by the perfectly tuned values and color harmony. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colors and composition are very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just so lovely..so strong and compelling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely. Nice colors that you "popped" in there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very fun painting with all those rooftops--joyful. I like the last one a lot too.

    ReplyDelete