Saturday, June 12, 2010

"You guys wait outside"


Today I spent a lot of time reworking existing paintings that displeased me. It was a real learning experience, and I will share it tomorrow. I'm really struggling with my compositions. This little painting worked out, though, after one misstep. The background was light like the foreground, and that made the center of interest march right across the center of the canvas with nearly mirror image borders top and bottom. I solved that pretty easily by darkening the background.
I also dropped off my painting for the Edmonds Art Festival juried show. If any of you Seattle area people are interested, it's a fun art and craft fair. It's held Fathers Day weekend- June 18/19.
My husband left yesterday for a 3 week motorcycle trip to Alaska, so I have lots of studio time. I intend to put it to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment