Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'm So Happy

                                   6x6 Bid at http://www.dailypaintworks.com/buy/auction/21952

I'm finally back to painting after a several week hiatus and it feels GOOD! Here's my entry for this week's Daily Paintworks Challenge.
I have numerous items of good news on the art front. One is the upcoming 11/11/11 event at Seattle Design Center is gathering steam as tickets are being sold at a respectable rate. I hear the show looks great and enthusiasm is high. If you are in the Seattle and interested in attending a fun event, check it out at http://www.communityartistsprogram.com/. There's even a video about the CAP program.
The second item of note is that Alki Arts in West Seattle had a record month in October. Alki Arts opened its doors during possibly the worst art market in recent history, but Diane and Tom, the owners, are doing such a good job and gaining such favor in the community that they just might make it. We all- artists and community members alike- are rooting for their continuing success.
The third item is about a tremendous opportunity that has come my way. My husband and I had just arrived in Ouray, Colorado when I got a phone call from the Edward Montgomery Fine Art Gallery in Carmel, California. He had seen my work online and wanted to talk about possible representation in his gallery. I checked out the gallery and it is very established and well located. The current situation is that I am sending him 6 small paintings and we'll see how they do. If all goes well, we'll try some larger paintings. What an opportunity! I'm very excited about the possibilities!
So- I'm motivated and challenged and excited and all those good things. Life is good....I'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic! All the way around. Love the jack o' lantern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Layne...great news, great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited that life is going so well for you, Layne!
    No wonder the well painted Jack-O-Lantern is looking so overjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many many congrats to you, Enjoy your life!!!!!! paint seattle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Halloween feel to this painting! How'd ya do that??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure does look like one happy pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats -- Layne. I'm so happy for you. Great pumpkin too!

    ReplyDelete