Thursday, May 2, 2013

Tubac Santa Ritas 15.5x24  oil on canvas unframed $700



I've been working on some paintings of the Santa Rita Mountains south of Tucson, Arizona. I find landscapes difficult, as I like them best when they are not too removed from reality, yet i'm not at all inclined to produce photorealist paintings. I'm trying to land on a style that suits me and conveys my impression of the landscape. So far, the best inspiration I've found for the Southwest landscape is Maynard Dixon- and Georgia O'Keefe has some interesting takes on it as well. 

2 comments:

  1. I really like this landscape-the horizontal scope of the mountains and the values of your colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! I think I'm getting close to painting the type of landscapes I like- but i'm not quite there yet. It helps to get affirmation and encouragement!

      Delete