Bid on this Painting
I separated my older daily paintings into 3 piles. One pile is "fine as is" (I could change my mind about any of those). Another pile is "project for improvement" . The third pile is for "paint-overs". I think I've learned a few things about composition lately. Took me long enough! I'm starting to really "get" the concept of linking my shapes, both in color and value. This painting is an example of one that I painted over using what i know now. I think it's a much stronger painting. The painting I posted yesterday I decided doesn't work. I ended up with ambiguous focal points- the bright green lawn and the sunlit corner of the house. Because I'm trying to feature the house, I am working on toning down the lawn and increasing the interest on the corner of the house. Will post the "new and improved" version soon.