Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Good Morning Joe
This was the first painting I did for the DPW Challenge. The fabric looked nothing like this. I tried to paint the fabric as it actually looked and ended up with quite possibly the worst painting I have ever seen. Anything I tried would be an improvement, so I simplified it and toned it down, and I like it much better. The disastrous experience with this fabric taught me that I prefer simple geometric prints and led me to the solution (for me) that I posted yesterday. I'm pretty excited about the possibilities of this technique, so I'm very thankful for the challenge that led me there.