Friday, September 24, 2010

"At Your Service"

                                          SOLD
I got a commission to paint several pieces for a local hospital. They are 16" square versions of my daily paintings. Out came the larger brushes; other than that the process was surprisingly similar. The larger paintings have a whole different impact. While the little panels are cute and intimate, these are larger than life and kind of "op-art" looking. I wonder what 24" or 30" square would look like? I don't think all compositions and subjects are suitable for all sizes....I plan to try a bigger one soon.

2 comments:

  1. I like everything about this painting -the composition, colors, subject matter, brush strokes - all of it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the commission!!! Love this composition and the colors are so great together.

    ReplyDelete