Saturday, July 31, 2010

"Avalanche Lilies"



Our hiking group went to Spray Park on Mt. Rainier on Thursday, and it was spectacular! Aside from the beautiful views of the mountain, there is a gorgeous alpine meadow and one of the most majestic waterfalls I've seen. I came home with 4 avalanche lilies in my water bottle (I know, you're not supposed to pick them...but is it forgable if you imortalize them in a painting?). I did this one first, and then a composition with just one flower that I'll post tomorrow.

I spent a lot of time today getting set up on ETSY and ZATISTA, 2 sites for purchasing art online. The Zatista site has a 5 day approval period, so I won't be up and running on that for a few days. I posted the same 5 paintings on both so that I can evaluate which site is the most effective. The posted price is $90 plus $10 shipping, but if anybody local wants to buy one, I'm sure I can arrange a "drop".

No comments:

Post a Comment